Saturday, August 20, 2011

Fun Run

I didn't post after last week's phenomenal 20 miler.  I felt almost no fatigue the entire run except for about one mile around mile 19.  When I got to the 10 mile turnaround, I could barely tell that I had used any energy at all.  Very cool!

This week I felt a little flat.  That's partly because after that awesome long run, I tried to be Superman in my speed training and I was reminded that I still have far to go.  That's okay - it's a cool journey.

I spent a lot of time and energy on recovery, but my head just wasn't in the game with everything getting very busy at work.  Fortunately, it was a rest week and my overall mileage was a lot lighter.  I only did ten miles today but we averaged about 9:30 minutes per mile which was good.  In the final miles, we even did a few surges up to my Boston qualifying pace (7:15 min/mile) just to see how it would feel.  I can say that it felt good, but I'm not there yet!  On these tough weeks, I come back to the mantra that excellence is not a singular act, but a habit.  Here's to a good week ahead.  Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment